The domestic use of small rollers is already seen everywhere, so how to choose a small roller? You can choose from four aspects:
1. Choose according to engineering quality requirements:
1) If you want to obtain a uniform compaction density, you can choose a tire roller. The tire roller does not destroy the original viscosity of the soil during compaction, and has good bonding performance between the various layers of soil. The front wheel can swing, so the compaction is more uniform and there will be no false compaction.
2) If you want to make the road surface compact and smooth, you can choose a full-drive roller. In areas where the compaction capacity of the roller is not high, a flexible roller with lower line pressure can be used. To achieve the compaction effect as soon as possible, a large-tonnage roller can be used to shorten the construction period.
2. Choose according to the type of material to be pressed:
1) For the compaction of rock fills, large-tonnage rollers should be used to displace large blocks;
2) For the compaction of clay, it is best to use a bump tamping roller;
3) For the compaction of the mixture, it is best to choose a vibratory roller to make the large and small particles mix evenly;
4) For deep layer compaction, heavy-duty vibratory rollers should be used for slow rolling, while shallow layer should be statically applied rollers.
3. Choose according to the layer thickness:
1) When rolling an asphalt concrete pavement, the weight, amplitude and vibration frequency of the roller should be selected according to the paving thickness of the mixture. Generally, on thin pavements with a pavement thickness of less than 60mm, it is best to use a small 2-6t vibratory roller with an amplitude of 0.35~0.60mm to avoid stacking, wavy and damage to aggregates;
2) At the same time, in order to prevent the asphalt mixture from being too cold, it should be rolled immediately after paving. For thick plies with a thickness greater than 100mm, a large and medium-sized vibratory roller with a high amplitude (up to 1.0mm) and 6~10t should be used.
4. Choose according to road type (grade):
1). For the first and second national arterial roads and special roads for automobiles, a 6-10t large vibratory roller with high compaction capacity should be used; for roads below the third level, or when compaction operations are not frequently performed, the most It is well equipped with a maneuverable and flexible vibratory roller of about 2t.
2) For cement concrete roads, tire-driven tandem vibratory rollers can be used;
3) For asphalt concrete pavement, a full-drive vibratory roller should be used;
4) For the bottom layer of high-grade pavement roadbed, it is best to use tire rollers or tire-driven vibratory rollers for compaction to obtain uniform density;
5) When repairing the pavement, a static action smooth roller can be used.